Tuesday, January 13, 2009

-Kuih Siput (Best Savoury Snack)-

The crunchy Kuih siput is a must during Chinese New Year in our family tradition every year...But, we never tried of making ourselves because it really takes time throughout the frying process...Mum normally buy it from night market...Even the price for kuih siput has now gone up, hence we *me, mum & sis* decided to make it ourselves! Basically the ingredients included flour, dried red chili, dried prawn (udang kering), onion, oil, baking powder and salt...We rolled out the dough using a fork to form the so call siput pattern...I guess its much more like a macaroni shape...Hahaha...Please do not laugh!! However, it seriously taste good...I rate our siput 75% and its consider high for our 1st attempt... ^-^

-We chosen the other method of cooking it...Steam? No way! We baked it instead of frying...A more healthier way perhaps?! 15mins after baking (pic)-

-Our Kuih Siput is done!! Please do not judge my "Kuih Macaroni" based on the picture...Want to have a try??? Come visit my house during CNY with an extremely big angpow! Haha-


Lectures officially started today! Getting a little bit excited but Financial Planning 4pm class really spoilt my mood...4pm is the best time for taking a nap you know?! I hope you know Dr.Ravi but sigh....Too bad, you're such a busy person where you can only accommodate 4-6pm time for us...Overall, he gave me a quite good 1st impression...
I'm now looking forward for Ethical Issue class! I missed my Dr.Koh BeeBee very very much..."__"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ehh damn cute la ur kuih siput babi...
hmmm i want some,can??
*chercher*

Little Orangezz said...

Ms.Chercher...Please come my hse visit visit la wei...Finally this yr can visit my hse ahaha...Still rmbr d way to my hse or nt? I leave a big tong of kuih siput for u...

Anonymous said...

heh can i bring home the whole tong??
*missy cher*

emily said...

is the siput still available?
LOL